Intervention Needed
So, it's a new year. In my head I had all these plans and goals for everything. I suck at sticking to things like that. For example, I was supposed to start saving more money. To do so I was going to cut back on the Starbys. Toffee Nut Lattes everyday add up, you know. Well, I was making myself coffee in the mornings and stuck to my plan for three days. I went to set the coffeemaker for the fourth day, and it was broken. Needless to say, I didn't cry about it. I just drove myself to the Starbucks and am still going there more often than I need to.
But what I really want to talk about is the whole yarn thing. I was supposed to post my intention of joining Knit From Your Stash 2007 . But I waited and waited knowing that I would not last. I kept it to myself so I wouldn't feel silly when I had to announce to the world that I couldn't stick to my commitment. Well, World, I didn't stick to my commitment. I thought it was only right that I rat myself out. Maybe this way I could get some encouragement from anyone out there. (Although I only have 1, maybe 2 readers.) Anything will do.
Want to see my haul? It's good stuff I tell ya!


But what I really want to talk about is the whole yarn thing. I was supposed to post my intention of joining Knit From Your Stash 2007 . But I waited and waited knowing that I would not last. I kept it to myself so I wouldn't feel silly when I had to announce to the world that I couldn't stick to my commitment. Well, World, I didn't stick to my commitment. I thought it was only right that I rat myself out. Maybe this way I could get some encouragement from anyone out there. (Although I only have 1, maybe 2 readers.) Anything will do.
Want to see my haul? It's good stuff I tell ya!

- The green yarn is Plymouth's Baby Alpaca Grande for a scarf that's halfway done. Not so bad. At least the project had been started.
- The Noro is Silk Garden in 84. Also not so bad because I was gifted some by the Coach a few Christmases ago. I wanted to make the Lady Eleanor from Scarf Style with this yarn, but read somewhere that this color was discontinued. So when I found some at YFY in SM, I had to buy five balls.
- Here's where it gets crazy: I bought the Jitterbug sock yarn in Velvet Plum from the Black Sheep.
- I also got Brittany size 3s to make some socks.
- Then at Noble Knits I bought some Plassard Merinos, and Ann Norling Sock Pattern, and more needles (size 5s).
Yeah. Crazy. I know.
But wait...There's more!
- Ambrosia for the Endpaper Mitts
- Silky Wool for the Endpaper Mitts becuase I decided I didn't like the Ambrosia too much.
- Needles for the Endpaper Mitts
- And Patons Classic Wool for my brother's hat.
Oh, and the best part of it is...
I got a Mango Moon bag to hold all of it. This bag is the best.
I have been knitting, though.
This is Lady Eleanor at four tiers. I love how it's turning out. I've been knitting backwards to avoid having to turn the whole piece. How far do you think I'll get on this project?
So now that the cat's out of the bag...Why don't I just say that I'll try not to buy more crafty stuff, I'll try to finish more projects in order to kill the stash, and that I'll try to post more often. Now that sounds more like my kind of commitment.
Oh, and I better try my hardest to stick to it or the Karate Dog will be after me.



2 Comments:
hehe I've learned through the years that trying to put some sort of silly limitation on yarn acquisitions always ends in a rebellious purchase! Yum....nice yarn!! and super cute dog!!
Hi, I don't have your email so i hope this gets to you. If you want to join Sock Madness then please send us and email right away so we can set you up.
Post a Comment
<< Home