Monday, June 06, 2005

My Questionnaire

Yahoo!!! I belong to someone!! This is going to be fun, but first I need to post my info.

Okay Secret Pal, here it goes......... (Oh, and by the way..Thanks in advance.)

1. Are you a yarn snob (do you prefer higher quality and/or natural fibers)? Do you avoid Red Heart and Lion Brand? Or is it all the same to you?
I love high quality stuff, just because it's fun to shop for. I think I'm amazed that I finally have a real job and can afford things I don't need. But I love Lion Brand microfiber and wool ease.

2. Do you spin? Crochet?
I did try to spin. I have a drop spindle and some wool just waiting to be spun. I want to be good at it, but it seems to take long with a srop spindle. I want to try a wheel, and spoke to a woman who lives near me about lessons. I'll let you know how it goes.

I know how to crochet, but don't enjoy it too much.


3. Do you have any allergies? (smoke, pets, fibers, perfume, etc.)
No allergies here.

4. How long have you been knitting?
I've been knitting for a few years, but you probably can't tell with the amount of finished objects (or lack thereof) I have posted. I have knitter's ADD. Is there a cure for that?

5. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
No wish lists here either.

6. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.)
I like vanilla and fresh linen scents for my house. I don't really have any favorites because I'm always trying stuff out to see if I like it. I'm adventurous!

7. Do you have a sweet tooth?
Oh, do I ever! I love snickers, willy wonka candies (and the movie), caramel apples, gummi bears, blow pops, jawbreakers..........and on and on.

In fact, just today I asked some students who stayed after school if they wanted some candy. A student I didn't know asked if I had candy for the kids or for myself. All of my students yelled--It's for HER!

8. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do?
I sew to make costumes and have made dresses and purses. Oh yeah, and I still like to color every once in awhile.


9. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
Yes, I can play MP3s and I just got an ipod for my bday! I love it.

I listen to all kinds of music. A sampling: Janet Jackson, The Killers, Stylistics, Les Nubians, Lauryn Hill, Bebel Gilberto, Island Reggae stuff, and jazzy funky stuff.


10. What's your favorite color? Or--do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer? Any colors you just can't stand?
I like the browns, greens and 70s colors. Yeah, weird. But I've been trying to break that and add more color--pink, yellow, and blue.

11. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
You know Barkley already. I just moved out with my brother and a roommate. And I have a wonderful, super dee duper boyfriend.


12. What are your life dreams? (really stretching it here, I know)
Not really sure if you can deliver on these, but hey it's worth a try....
I would like to live in a place where it has a country feel but is close enough to the city. Okay, I have more life dreams, but they're huge and I'm pretty sure if you had the resources you wouldn't waste them on a secret pal. So, onward we go -->

13. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with?
My favorite is alpaca alpaca alpaca. It's so soft. I also like wool and anything soft. I have a bunch of tweed that hasn't been knit up, but I love the colors it comes in.

14. What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
I'm not too fond of the eyelash stuff. I just don't think it's me.

15. What is/are your current knitting obsession/s?
I'm just obsessed overall, but I have been reading up on felting and dyeing. It's summertime and haven't you heard...teachers get three months OFF! I'm going to have time to try (and mybe finish) a bunch of stuff.

16. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
I haven't finished any big items yet. I always seem to be knitting beanies and baby items.

17. What are you knitting right now?
A bunch of stuff. I have two sweaters going, a scarf, and a shawl like thing for my mom.

18. What do you think about ponchos?
Not me at all.

19. Do you prefer straight or circular needles?
I have a set of Denise needles that I love. But I also like to buy the pretty needles like Lantern Moon.

20. Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
Bamboo, wood, plastic. But not aluminum. I get weirded out by the metal scraping metal.

21. Are you a sock knitter?
I haven't tried it yet, but I want to. I want to see what's happening with the whole turning the heel thing. I can't picture it.

22. How did you learn to knit?I wanted a certain beanie, but all the ones I found in the store were too big. So I bought a pamphlet/book at Michael's and taught myself.

23. How old is your oldest UFO?
That sucker is pretty old. I don't even think I should even count it as a UFO. I think I might just unravel it because I can't find the notes about it. It's the little black tank from SnB.

24. What is your favorite animated character or a favorite animal/bird?
I love hello kitty and the original sanrio characters. I think Bear in the Big Blue house is cute. Grew up with Sesame Street and I like those characters. Remember Barkley the dog? Yeah...Homestar Runner and all his friends from homestarrunner.com.

25. What is your favorite holiday?
It's not a holiday yet, but my birthday is a big thing. I don't care how old I am! But second best has to be Christmas. And can summertime be considered a loooong holiday?

26. Is there anything that you collect?
I love stationary and pens. Especially with cute characters on them. It's an obsession, really. It's almost out of hand, kind of like the yarn thing.

27. What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
I don't have any subscriptions right now, but religiously buy interweave and vogue knitting. I have heard of someone getting rebecca magazines on subscription, and I would definitely be happy with those magazines.

28. Any books out there you are dying to get your hands on?
There are many books, but I want to post this, so I'll add them later.

Whew! That was fun, but it's kinda hard talking about me. Oh, and there are so many spelling mistakes. I'll fix them later. Thanks for Reading!

1 Comments:

At June 8, 2005 at 6:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks, Thanks, Thanks for posting this. It's great, and I see we have much in common. I'm still poking in routinely, so don't worry - I'm here!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home